There is a new version of the MMDVM software available. I just updated my ZUMspot using the script provided by Pi-Star.
To perform an update, follow these steps
- go to the Admin page. Change the URL so it points to “/admin/expert/”, you should only have to add the “/expert/”.
- On the menu select “SSH Access”
- Log into the shell using the same username and password you used for the Admin page
- enter the command “sudo pistar-zumspotflash”
- at the end of the update it will ask you to press “any key” to restart.
- I had to do a power cycle before mine would work after the update.
That’s it. Easy to do.
Here are notes from the recent updates:
1.1.0 Release notes (2018-01-06)
- New firmware identification strings for different hotspot boards
- Support for CW ID
- Support for RF power control level from MMDVM.ini
- Fix bug deviation setting
1.0.2 Release notes (2017-10-22)
- Increasing output power for ZUMspot//MMDVM_HS
- Increasing ring buffers and DMR TX buffer
- Adding bin firmware for MMDVM_HS_Hat
1.0.1 Release notes (2017-08-26)
- Fix serial port freeze bug
- Changing IF filter BW to 12.5 kHz (D-Star and P25). This will improve sensitivity.
- Adding IF fine calibration
- Adding runtime debug at start-up
- LEDs selftest at power-up
It doesn’t work for me, when I select SSH Access I get: 192.168.1.106 refused to connect 😦
I haven’t heard of anyone having problems like that before. Are you running 3.4.11? If not, you should run updates. I think SSH came in around 3.4.6.
I’m running 3.4.8
You should run updates from the menu a couple of times
I have the latest version 3.4.8
3.4.8 is not the latest version. The current version is 3.4.11.
No matter how many times I update everything else updates apart from the dashboard which remains at 3.4.8 🙁
what is the command to update to a specific firmware version. Like rolling it back?
I think it just bricked my mmdvm_hs
I don’t know the commands to roll back the version. Everything I have is about updating to the current version. Sorry.